Rice Tofu Croquettes
- 300g cooked RD43 rice
- 100g soft tofu
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Chili Mayo Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely grated
- Cook 300g of RD43 in a rice cooker and set to cook for 30 - 45 mins. When it’s cooked, fluff it up and set aside to cool.
- Mash the soft tofu with a fork until broken-down, and whisk in the eggs and plain flour until smooth.
- Stir in the rice, carrot, peas, salt and black pepper until evenly combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Form the mixture into patties, and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp on the outside but cooked through within.
To make the chilli mayo, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Serve alongside the rice and tofu croquettes.
*source: Asia Food Channel